Monday, July 6, 2009

Birthday Flop!

So, there is a reason why I make cupcakes...it's because real cakes are not my bag. I attempted to make a kick ass cake for my Brother's Birthday, and well, it just didn't turn out. The middles kept sinking in, the possible causes of which were endless, and I was out of time. I should have known that morning the whole process was going to be a challenge, why? you ask... A) My mixer quit working in the middle of preparing the batter and B) the microwave BLEW UP! Like as in ZAP! BANG! BOOM! 'OMG there is a fire' sort of blew up. Needless to say, I had made plenty of batter, so after several failed attempts at making the tiers for my cake I resorted to what I know I am capable of...little miniature delights, it's a cake aint it? They were chocolate cupcakes with white chocolate buttercream frosting, topped off with a milky way mini. I had all the best intentions of making a phenominal first cake, but hey, what can you do? These little things turned out tasty enough, and the bro liked them...the most important part.

So here is the failed attempt at the 'cake'


And here is the 'cake' as it ended up. =)


Would you like one?

No comments:

Post a Comment