Sunday, February 26, 2012

Major catching up to do:

I should get up and go put clothes away. Quite frankly, I think it would be easier than coming up with something to write for this post. I have sat down to put together a blog post on about 5 different occasions since the last one, and have found myself at a lack of words; a sort of constipation of the mouth and mind. It’s been driving me crazy, and I wish there was some way I could fix it. Rather than wait for the words to come, I figured I would just start writing. So, what’s been going on? Well, Lailah continues to grow and does something new every day. Her list of words has grown into sentences and her sense of humor astounds me. She’s constantly on the go, and is really good at saying no, no, no; I’m not such a big fan of the latter. I haven’t been getting many Friday’s off, works been too busy, and well, I’m none too happy about it really. It’s important to me to spend some time with Lailah, so it’s been tough not getting that opportunity. But there have been a couple of Friday’s where I have been able to leave early. Here are a few pics from a couple of weeks ago:













And from just the other day. Lailah was playing dress up with my jewelry. She had a few of my necklaces on and cute as a button, she was putting my bracelets on her ankles. These pictures really show the little girl she is becoming. I cannot believe how big she is getting. While its exciting and new it's also a little bit sad. 



And, what's this? I found some time to bake! Dad like's chocolate, so I made him some Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Mousse frosting, dusted in confectioners sugar and chocolate cookie crumbs, filled with Bavarian cream. It was fun to make a mess in the kitchen and reap the yummy rewards. Milk is a must with these ones.


Lailah did some mess making of her own. Creating with finger paints:



I have a truly blessed life. <3

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to tell you that the pictures of Lailah in the white sweater are some of my all-time favorites. I really LOVE them. Each one shows such a unique part of her whole personality. Great pics!!
    Lynnie

    ReplyDelete