Thursday, July 26, 2012

A lovely Friday with Lailah

A few weeks ago my Friday with Lailah was spent preparing for what I thought would be the worst check up we've had so far. It was her 2 year, and I thought for sure she was going to lose her mind as soon as we walked in the doors of the Doctors office. She's never been a fan, and I can't say I blame her. So that morning I started talking to her about it, and was frank, telling her she was going to have to get a shot and see the doctor, and thanks to Doc McStuffins, I was able to sing her the song about " I'm gonna Check your ears, check your eyes, find out how much you've grown...time for your check up..." And we spent the morning giving her dinosaurs check ups and shots. And then the time came, and I thought oh boy here we go. So we get there, and she sees the fish, and we are doing okay, she communes with a kid who was probably 6 like they've been best buds for years, and then her name gets called. We start to head back and I can see her eyes getting a little wide. We get in the room and wait for it, wait for it...nothing. She did GREAT! No, AWESOME!!! Even when the shot came, she thought about losing her mind, and then I said, "look you have a band-aid" and to her that means all better. It went so much better than I expected, I gave her a high five and told her she did awesome. When she got home she even told Grandma Lynnie "I did awesome". Grandma gave her some new dino's for doing so well, and her day was set.






And a few from around the yard...3 different ladybugs.





No comments:

Post a Comment