Sunday, July 29, 2012

Don't wanna be fat No More!

I've finally taken the initiative to get in better shape. I've talked a lot about it since having Lailah, but have never taken the time out of each day to spend a little bit of time on myself. I'm really tipping the scales, and as hard as it is to lay it all out there for the world to see, I think, for me, it might be a good thing to do so. So, here it goes. The beginning post to what will hopefully be a successful journey of weight loss and better health.

The starting weight stat, as I cringe, was as follows : Monday, 7/23/12: 192.2 lbs.

What I did during the week:
Monday - Cardio (30 Minutes)
Tuesday - Cardio (30 Minutes)
Wednesday - Zumba (60 Minutes) (Holy Shit - tough, but looking forward to more)
Thursday - Cardio (40 Minutes(
Friday -  Cardio (30 Minutes + 15 Minutes of Upper Body)
Saturday - Hike up Battle Creek Trail (60 Minutes)
Sunday - Strenuous yard work with copious amounts of sweat (150 Minutes)

Nutrition - not as good as it could have been, but not too bad either.

Stats as of Sunday, 7/29/12: 190.4 lbs. for a loss of 1.8 lbs. I'll take it. =)

I know it's going to take some time, and I am not built to be a tiny person - I have larger bone structure, so my goal is to be right around 145 lbs. I haven't weighed that since High School.

I am hoping to present the same type of stats for many weeks to come. With hard work and dedication I know I can do it.

And so now, for some pics of that hike I took on Saturday. For anyone who is interested, its just in Pleasant Grove, and is good for a shorter duration hike, but enough to get the blood flowing and the heart pumping.






 A  great view of Utah Lake.
 And the best part of the hike - the waterfalls. There was a large group of people repelling the falls, it was pretty interesting to watch. This picture helps to show the scale of the falls, they are pretty good size and well worth the hike to see in person.





 This is at the base of the falls. It's pretty tranquil to feel the mist of the water.
I continued past the falls for probably another 1/2 mile and decided to turn around, but from what I understand it continues on for quite a while - features several open meadows and connects with a couple of other trails. So when I have a little more time, and am more prepared I might head back to do the full hike.


1 comment:

  1. Good for you Michelle! That is a fun hike. I've never gone past the falls, because we always have the kids and we can never tear them away from the water!

    ReplyDelete