Saturday, September 15, 2012

Life Musings 8-31-12

I took some time off, it wasn't enough.
I breathed fresh air and listened to the murmurs of the earth.
I stepped upon sodden soil and felt it give way beneath my feet.
I sought refuge at the underbelly of a crisp Pine while rain pummeled the terra firma.
 
It took all I had to walk away.

One who does not take time to walk amongst such beauty, free from distraction, does not truly live.






























"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." - John Muir




1 comment:

  1. Ok - awesome doesn't fit it all in! The wildlife (dragonfly, bird, chipmunk I think, maybe squirrel, I don't know) - love! This beautiful hymn kept playing in my mind while looking at your pictures:

    How Great Thou Art
    O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,

    Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;

    I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
    Thy power throughout the universe displayed ...

    When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,

    And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees,

    When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
    And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze -

    Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,

    How great Thou art, How great Thou art.

    Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,

    How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

    Lyrics ~ Carl Boberg, 1859 - 1940
    English Translation ~ Stuart K. Hine, 1899 - 1989

    ReplyDelete