Friday, May 13, 2011

First Easter

Lailah woke up all smiles, as she usually does, but became even more blithe when she made her way to the living room and saw treasures on the floor. She looked at me, mouth slightly agape and eyebrows perked, as if to inquire “Mom do you see that over there…I wonder where it came from…I wonder if it’s for me!?” As I set her down and she tore off for her basket, I received one last glance of reassurance over the shoulder as if to verify she wasn’t still dreaming.








As she approached her basket the look of shear wonder and excitement enveloped her face - slowly taking each thing out of her newly found treasure trove, examining it for a moment, carefully putting it back in its rightful place and moving onto the next - sitting back for a moment to just take it all in, smile still intact, even more than before. Needless to say, she thought it was a pretty great day to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment