Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Beauty can still be found in the most somber of moments...

The unfortunate passing of my Uncle Gary sent me on a road trip to a much visited destination of my youth. Along the drive I saw admirable landscapes and had quiet moments in the car to reflect upon how beautiful life is, how awe inspiring the land is, and how fortunate we are to see such splendor. Here are a few pics:


"Let children walk with Nature, let them see the beautiful blendings and communions of death and life, their joyous inseparable unity, as taught in woods and meadows, plains and mountains and streams of our blessed star, and they will learn that death is stingless indeed, and as beautiful as life." 

I also came about this charming old theater in Monroe, and am trying to learn more about it and get inside to document it's interior. I have information for the owner, but think he may be less than willing to make me privy to it's story, and even less willing to let me inside, but we will see. Hopefully I will learn more about it and get some better pictures someday. The only interiors that I was able to get were through a broken glass tile - 35 cents for a movie ticket, how cool. I am fascinated with old buildings!


1 comment:

  1. Love all the subtle blues and greens and then the sunflowers in the foreground on the one vista shot - and the theater would pique my interest too!

    ReplyDelete