Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Friday’s with Lailah Episode 6 – Art Dye Park

I’ve waited far too long to create this blog. I can’t remember what I did 2 days ago let alone 2 Friday’s ago. But searching through the depths of my mind and the pictures I took, what I can remember is that Lailah and I kept close to home due to the heat (and lack of cash) and headed over to Art Dye park just down the street from our house. It’s heavily wooded and Lailah has lots of room to play in the dirt, pick up rocks or ‘bam bams’ as she was calling them that day (even though she knows how to say rocks) and aimlessly swing sticks around; needless to say I came home with a camera bag full of bam bams. I recall it was pretty hot even in the shade, but she enjoyed getting dirty and having Mother Nature’s playground at her disposal. Though I don’t care much for the colder of the seasons here in Utah, I do enjoy the environment! We are surrounded by a lot of beautiful places close to home.


 The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see nature all ridicule and deformity ... and some scarce see nature at all. 
But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself.
William Blake
 

2 comments:

  1. Love where Lailah is sitting on her butt with such an expectant look :)
    The nature pictures are great - did you use a color filter on them or is it all natural color?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not use a filter on them, and I didn't even do any post work with that post. Nature can take full credit. =)
    - Michelle

    ReplyDelete